March 29, 2024, 02:23:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Woods Catahoula alive?  (Read 7253 times)
DixieDogs24
Catch Dog

View Profile
« on: January 07, 2016, 07:03:18 pm »

So in your opinion who has the best woods dog catahoula alive that's currently living? I'm in search of a male for my female. She is nice, bred well and will find and bay her own hog in woods or keep one tight in pen. I wanna bred her to the best available specimen out there.
She is out of Ofi Shoka's Tisho and Ofi Shoka's Doddie who go back to Anchor biscuit and B.L.T's Sunshine. Doddie goes back to Fellas' Lil Odis and B.L.T's Sunshine.

Home of Dixies Southern Dakota, Hawkins Raging Noose, Kate, Spook.
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 11:58:10 pm »

My uncle has one that's sired a whole lot of pups from all over. His Hank dog. Idk anything else about it though.

We run dillo dogs that trash on hogs
Freedom-Fighter00
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 07:00:37 am »

Scott Pugh (Scott) he has probably the best I've ever hunted with. I had one from him Flacco that was a true Get ER Done Catahula. He has some really good blood in his yard. Don't know the bloodline but they always produce when we go out. I think the dogs name is Cajun.
Bo Pugh
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 12:47:26 pm »

what kinda traits are you looking for?
DixieDogs24
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 02:31:53 pm »

Silent on track. Bay tight and get rough when needed to stop one. Medium to long range. No Dog aggression when you pull it out of the box it's only desire is to find a hog not racehorsing just hunting. I like my female pretty good but she could be a lil rougher she bays lil loose for me but she gets it done.

Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2016, 02:55:48 pm »

Talk to halfbreed on here he might have one or know the where a bouts of one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cajunl
Alpha Dog

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2016, 08:01:34 pm »

The older BLT dogs were pretty good. Unfortunately they went down hill

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
hoghunter71409
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2016, 08:27:24 pm »

The best one alive belongs to a man that pens the toughest cows for a living.   My thoughts are, you wont find him on here or any other internet site.  I would look for a guy with a flatbed truck and a dog box on it with a horse or two in his trailer.  If he has a couple muzzles hanging from his dog box and an he has a couple scarred up dogs, he is the guy.  I'd follow him to the store and get a look at his calassed hands and sun burned neck....if he don't talk much when you say hi...that is the guy.  He has the best ones alive...now getting to breed to one of his dogs is another story, which has already been talked about on here.  Good luck!!
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2016, 11:05:39 pm »

I know two old broke down Cowboys like you talking about. They tell more lies then any hog hunter on the Internet. They might have good dogs who knows. But I know this for a fact they never had straight paper dogs they had all kinds of dogs mixed in but they had spots. Had loud mouths so I was guessing 1/4 to half hound 

Scott
Boar Slayer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2016, 09:33:23 am »

So in your opinion who has the best woods dog catahoula alive that's currently living? I'm in search of a male for my female. She is nice, bred well and will find and bay her own hog in woods or keep one tight in pen. I wanna bred her to the best available specimen out there.
She is out of Ofi Shoka's Tisho and Ofi Shoka's Doddie who go back to Anchor biscuit and B.L.T's Sunshine. Doddie goes back to Fellas' Lil Odis and B.L.T's Sunshine.

Debatable at best and any recommendation would be speculatory due to no one could have possibly seen all living woods dogs. This is a good place to get recommendations of dogs that you should hunt with to see which would meet your requirements. Then, maybe that hunter will breed to your dog.
DixieDogs24
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2016, 10:22:19 am »

I understand that I just figured that I could get a better idea of where to look. I also assumed a few people would direct to the same guy or dog. Has to be a legendary living catahoula. The one that shines against the rest.

hillbilly
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2016, 04:53:18 pm »

most people with this type of dog probably ain't gonna breed to just any gyp that they don't know.

Lets go we burning daylight
DixieDogs24
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2016, 06:36:37 pm »

JDT I dunno if you'll read this but it isn't showing that I responded in my messages but I did.

Goose87
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2016, 08:08:09 am »

I understand that I just figured that I could get a better idea of where to look. I also assumed a few people would direct to the same guy or dog. Has to be a legendary living catahoula. The one that shines against the rest.
Most dogs you speak of that caliber aren't going to be bragged about or talked about on the Internet, they do exist, I guarantee it, but like what was mentioned above, men who own dogs of that type 99% of the time don't let their stuff get out or talk it up, not saying it's impossible, I know of several members of this forum that have some nice catahoula dogs but their going to keep their lips closed.
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2016, 09:26:46 am »

I have never met a man that didn't brag on something. Dogs are no different they might not brag on the net but I guaranty they will at a camp fire tail gate or at the local cafe. 30 yrs ago those old timers that where 50 60 yrs old talked more crap then any kid on the net these days cuz that's all it was talk. That's just what men do if you don't talk a little noise I would think you where up to something lol. Me and few of my buddy's talk crazy to each other bout dogs and hunting. Talking the dog up or not saying anything don't change what the dog does. This can only be determined by your eyes not your ears. Some car sales men don't say much while they sale u a junker and a loud mouth one could sale you the best deal ever.

Fixitlouie
Boar Slayer

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2016, 09:27:21 am »

Yea. Ain't gonna happen. For reasons as stated above and several others

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

bay, catch, barr, repeat...
Goose87
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2016, 12:54:50 pm »

I have never met a man that didn't brag on something. Dogs are no different they might not brag on the net but I guaranty they will at a camp fire tail gate or at the local cafe. 30 yrs ago those old timers that where 50 60 yrs old talked more crap then any kid on the net these days cuz that's all it was talk. That's just what men do if you don't talk a little noise I would think you where up to something lol. Me and few of my buddy's talk crazy to each other bout dogs and hunting. Talking the dog up or not saying anything don't change what the dog does. This can only be determined by your eyes not your ears. Some car sales men don't say much while they sale u a junker and a loud mouth one could sale you the best deal ever.

There's a big difference in ribbing with your buds around a campfire and campaigning a dog you think is good, just the same as calling things how you see it, whether it be good or bad, or letting something speak for itself....

There's people breeding what your looking for it just takes time, patience, and respect and you will eventually get your foot in the door....
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2016, 01:07:58 pm »

That's why I don't put stock in what people say bout anything lol. But at the same time I don't discredit them till they give me a reason to.

TheRednose
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2016, 02:19:42 pm »

That's why I don't put stock in what people say bout anything lol. But at the same time I don't discredit them till they give me a reason to.

Well put Judge
Goose87
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2016, 08:50:01 pm »

Well put Judge
well said judge, I have a good friend that I constantly but heads with, for some reason he always thinks someone is full of BS and is blowing smoke, I view things the same way as you. I'll give a man the benefit of a doubt until I'm proven otherwise.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: