April 26, 2024, 05:51:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Running style vests  (Read 1437 times)
CutNShootHD
Strike Dog

View Profile
« on: May 17, 2016, 12:58:49 pm »

Wondering if anyone uses one on their dog/s, I have a "regular" catch vest I use on my male black dog that rubs the fire out of his legs. Curious if these advertised RCD vests are worth the investment or if they're gonna rub his legs just as much. Current vest is a hardcore catch vest made for a pit I had that had the same frame as my bleu dog. Not running him in a vest is not an option. All opinions and input are welcome!! Thanks y'all!!
TheRednose
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 02:23:04 pm »

Sambo5500
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 02:34:03 pm »

Look into the vests from tejas cut gear. Have done well for me. 2545410068 is my number if you'd like some pictures. I use the short catch vest on a dog that does a little bit of everything.
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 09:29:04 pm »

I have a bunch of different brands really it comes down to fit. You can pay a few bucks more and get a custom vest for that dog. Confederate kennels in south tx makes a good vest that fits well pnp is my favorite but can be heavy. Southern cross had a good half vest it was a old one but very good quality. If being light is a main concern I would try southern cross

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GOODEN
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 09:42:06 pm »

I have one of the Hardcore bay vest that's real lightweight and durable and have had no problems with it rubbing a dog when I use it. Proper fit is a must though.

Lake Haven Kennels
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016, 09:48:32 pm »

I'm not a fan of southern cross, just bought a brand new custom catch vest from them and it just feels cheaply made, fits good, but feels cheap, nothing like the ugly dog devastator I was used to. As for a running vest I'm a big fan of the Hairy Holder Breast plates. Aussie style plate, made from firehouse material, every one is custom fit to order and come with lifetime repairs I believe. They have more than just a few models to choose from. They have a Facebook page you can check them out on

We run dillo dogs that trash on hogs
Shotgun wg
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2016, 11:24:22 pm »

The trick is the fit. Using a good guide and getting the proper measurements go a long ways. I run all full catch southern style vest. Each measured and built for my dogs. They can put in 8hrs and still not be rubbed raw. Look into custom cut and made vest.

Shotgun
Arkansas

Shotgun
DPT
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2016, 08:38:48 am »

I use p&p and the man behind the work was more than happy to cut and fit my bulldogs vest jus right. He didnt charge anymore for the adjusments when i got it ether. Easy man to deal with and makes good gear.

Talk low, talk slow and dont talk to much.
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2016, 09:27:52 am »

Larrys stuff is the best to me and he is a very stand up fella and loves to talk dogs. He will work on or repair any vest not just his own

cscott
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2016, 09:34:48 pm »

I like a hairy holder gives alot of movement hold up great I could ask for anything better. I use him for a rcd or a lead in an it does great

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2016, 10:46:16 pm »

Chris turned me on to the hairy holders!

We run dillo dogs that trash on hogs
hyan
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2016, 07:11:07 pm »

chest plate that's what you want
http://www.grunterplates.com/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

MAUKA 2 MAKAI
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print