March 28, 2024, 03:13:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sick Dog..Got any ideas?  (Read 1626 times)
Todd33
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« on: September 13, 2009, 08:18:23 pm »

I've got a Pit that is sick. He went to the vet last week & they said he had a virus. They gave him a shot & some antibiotics. But he still seems to be losing weight. Barley has any interest in food. He seems really weak in his ass end. legs shake & he acts dizzy? Anybody seen anything like this in there dogs? I don't know much about the dog. I found him hurt three weeks ago. He had a broke tail that was pretty rotten. I took him to a vet in the town where I was working and had it docked & he seemed fine for a couple of weeks. Wendsday he couldn't stand up so I took him to my local vet & he said he probably caught the virus at the other vets office??? Said it was from the Trac tube? I don't know? Can't keep racking up vet bills on a free dog though. Any info would be appreciated.
hillbilly
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 09:00:16 pm »

sounds like antifreeze to me

Lets go we burning daylight
Purebreedcolt
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 09:16:05 pm »

the legs shakeing and dizzy sounds like antifreeze done been through that road no fun but that only happens in the first 24 hours or so after that the damage is done to their lives it shuts down and mine were dead one put down that next morn the other died 3 days latter sounds like too long to be antifreeze but.....
Todd33
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 09:30:46 pm »

This has been going on since wednesday. He seems to be drinking & peeing just fine. I wouldn't think that would be the case with antifreeze? It kills them pretty quick dosen't it?. Maybe he's just weak from the virus? The vet said he would be feeling better by friday, but he dosen
t seem to have improved over the weekend.
rafterfpuncher
Catch Dog

WWT Official Scorer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 11:23:23 pm »

ever heard of colloidal silver?  its supposed to kill any virus or bacteria but I'm not sure of the dosage.  Maybe google it

IF YOU CAN'T RUN WITH THE BIG HOGS KEEP YOUR DOGS AT THE HOUSE!!!!!
Todd33
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2009, 11:37:07 pm »

Thanks....Any Ideas are appreciated. I'll check in to that. Vet just gave me some Amoxicillin. Not real impressed with it.
hogdoggintexas
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 12:07:49 am »

if he is still peeing fine than its not antifreeze

texas redneck mafia
Cull Buck
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2009, 10:37:12 am »

ever heard of colloidal silver?  its supposed to kill any virus or bacteria but I'm not sure of the dosage.  Maybe google it

Colloidal silver is some good stuff.  Two tsp twice a day orally for the first couple of weeks or until the symtoms reside.  Then follow up two tsp once a day for the next couple of weeks to make sure you got it.  This is for an average sized 45-80 lb dog.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 01:04:31 pm by Cull Buck » Logged

"I'm like lunch meat.....always ready" - Eric Barnes

Took Savoy to the swamp and he promtly got his v-card punched.

He's out.  And you're out.  And i don't think I'm in either.
hoghunterdfw
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2009, 11:12:11 am »

If your dog is drinking fine but not eating, make sure you give it pedialite so it gets nutrients.  I had a sick puppy that was looking weak after it had a wierd stomach virus.  I gave it lots of collidial silver and the meds from the vet along with lots of pedialyte and it was looking active and energetic again in less than 48 hours.
Tom45
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2009, 04:19:57 pm »

Had a lab that started out that way and got worst ended up putting him st sleep. He had a viral infection that spread to his spinal system which shut down his backend. My lab had deep pain as things got worst. Hope this helps in some way
Todd33
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2009, 05:07:28 pm »

Thanks for all the replys guys. He seems a little better today. Actually jumped down off the deck when I let him out. I Googled his symptoms & read that a kidney infection could cause dogs to act the way he was?? Who knows.  Where is a good source to get some Colloidal silver? Sounds like it would be a good thing to keep around.
cowcountryhogdogger
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2009, 10:31:15 pm »

I don't know if this is the cheapest place to find Colloidal Silver but here is one place
http://wolfcreekranch1.tripod.com/colloidal_silver.html  hope this helps you

cool ain't cheap and cheap ain't cool
TDHA member
Rafter R Custom Leather
hoghunterdfw
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2009, 12:56:32 pm »

pm make-em-squeel. I think grant is practically a distributor for collidal silver. he will know the cheapest place to get it for sure.
country man 563
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2009, 01:39:47 pm »

if he still isnt eating real well boil chicken and rice together in the same pot remove bones an let him eat that it really helps, my girlfriends dog got the runs real bad she did that for him and he was back to normal and eating good in a couple days
make-em-squeel
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2009, 08:45:24 pm »

If you are close to dallas let me know and i will tell you where to go. if not go to a local health food store like whole foods, sprouts, hebmart, maby even gnc. The only thing the other guys didnt have quite correct is the dosage, despite their advice not being wrong there is no reason to give such a small dose you can give a small puppy as much as he will drink all day every day with no side effects so give him as much as you can afford to. It will fix a kidney infection its an antiiotic that kills all 30k strains of bacteria lots of virus' etc. But go to a feed store and get liquid DMSO make sure it has been cut with water and inject it down the dogs throat, at least 3 cc day or more between silver and dmso he will most likely be cured within the wk just be generous on the dose all side effects are good for the dog!!!!!!!!!!
Todd33
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2009, 10:14:31 pm »

Thanks for the info..I'm in Oklahoma. East of Ada. I took him back to the vet today & they changed his Antibiotics. Think he might have been alergic to amoxicillan. Seems to be doing a lil better. Fevers down & he ate. Thanks again to all who responded.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: