March 28, 2024, 11:05:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bottom vs my dogs  (Read 5395 times)
parker49
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2016, 02:52:31 pm »

yeah to me smaller teeth is ruff on baydogs .... but vested dogs them horns is ruff ...... the baydogs catch a lot of the smaller boars we catch that  is why I said they look like they been shot with buckshot ....  we catch quite a few smaller hogs too in the river bottom even though we try not too .... more bigger hogs out in the planted pines here .....
LoftinCattleCo
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2016, 03:42:18 pm »

I've caught 2 hogs this year that I really thought was bad, neither of those hogs had more that 3/4"-1" of teeth and would be hard pressed to break 160 lbs. Mr they cut everything I owned from heaven to breakfast and killed the best thing I've ever owned and my dogs will back up and bay Shoats they are far from rough.. Big hogs are hell but them 150-200lb boar hogs are the ticket to lighten the feed bill.

Jacob Loftin  Thicket,Tx
(409)-656-4633
parker49
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2016, 05:20:38 pm »

they fast ...and lots of times they back in a hole usually and opening in front of them dog can't get away before they caught ....I've seen some that had bad teeth and roll dogs and really not  do much ...and I've seen some that could flat  use em ......my worst fear  is them breaking on my bulldogs .....
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2016, 07:59:43 pm »

When I run my rough dogs 150 to 200 lbs hog usely don't cause much problems cuz he will be caught the second he stops or fights. But tight baying looser dogs will get banged  up by this type of hog and even more so in thick stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lacrash
Catch Dog

HURRY HURRY HURRY!

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2016, 08:14:59 am »

Parker, Yall turn loose soley on tracks? dont cast?
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2016, 08:21:42 am »

I've caught 2 hogs this year that I really thought was bad, neither of those hogs had more that 3/4"-1" of teeth and would be hard pressed to break 160 lbs. Mr they cut everything I owned from heaven to breakfast and killed the best thing I've ever owned and my dogs will back up and bay Shoats they are far from rough.. Big hogs are hell but them 150-200lb boar hogs are the ticket to lighten the feed bill.
Seems to be every boar hog for in fayette county. If we catch a boar 9/10 times it's 150-185 lbs and a little rank scissor toothed razorback hog.

We run dillo dogs that trash on hogs
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2016, 08:30:29 am »

As for those kind of hogs puttin a whooping on loose dogs more than rough. Well idk if that's true, I run looser dogs. I don't call them loose dogs but they're looser than they are rough. I catch a few of them dog killing size boars and I feel as long as your dogs are decent at what they do and COMMIT TO WHAT THEYRE DOING. You usually will be alright I think. Hesitation or 1 dog not jumping the hog when another does is what gets dogs cut down in my opinion. Like my dogs, I'll have a stray cut here and there pretty often but it's rare that I have something cut down enough to need a vet. As a closing I will say there are some hogs that just know how to use their teeth and that hog is gonna cut up a cull the same way he cuts up a superstar...... Lmao how did we get here from "bottom vs. my dogs"

We run dillo dogs that trash on hogs
parker49
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2016, 08:54:28 am »

we wind off the buggy a lot.... track hunt and cast ...but we try to cast on sign of big hogs.....if we cast in the rowed pines we more apt  to get on a boar hog they seem to run the trails in that thick stuff ...open bottom sows and pigs ....but if you have a sure nuff track dog you can really stay in big hogs and thats ruff on the dogs ..... what I have seen gets bay dogs in trouble is   if the hog runs one down the other dogs think the  dog is caught and they pile on .... and that usually don't work out well .....nothing works every time  ......that's why hog hunting  is so exciteing you never know what will happen ......
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: